Texas Department of Criminal Justice
VIS Training Opportunity
Victim Impact Statement: the Victim’s Voice in the Criminal Justice Process
Register for Upcoming Training(s):
- Host: Brazoria County District Attorney-Crime Victim Assistance
- Date: November 15, 2016
- Time: 9:00a.m. – 12noon
- Location: 501 Karankawa, Angleton, TX 77515
- Click here to register
What You Will Gain From This Training:
- Increased knowledge of the important role the Victim Impact Statement plays at key stages of the criminal justice process;
- Increased knowledge and awareness of the statutory responsibilities of the various criminal justice entities with regards to Victim Impact Statements;
- Familiarity with the revisions to the Victim Impact Statement forms and statistical reporting requirements; and
- Increased knowledge of the VIS recommended processing procedures that can be implemented in your community to ensure victims’ voices are heard at all stages of the criminal justice process.
Who Should Attend?
- Victim assistance and criminal justice professionals with statutory responsibilities for the handling of victim impact statements including: victim assistance coordinators in district and county attorneys’ offices, prosecutors, court coordinators, district clerks, judges, probation officers, law enforcement personnel, and sheriffs’ department staff who are responsible for transporting/sending pen packets to TDCJ.
Training Credit for Attending:
- 3 hours of training credit (general credit)
- 3 hours of TCOLE (formerly TCLEOSE) credit (Law Enforcement)
- 3 hours of credit for Social Work and Licensed Professional Counseling
- For information on scheduling a live training please contact Julie Jesperson, Program Specialist II, at (512) 406-5915, (800) 848-4284, or firstname.lastname@example.org.