Rehabilitation Programs Division
Serious and Violent Offender Reentry Initiative Program (SVORI)
SVORI is a 63-bed program housed at the Estelle Unit in Huntsville that provides pre-release and in-cell programming for male offenders releasing directly from administrative segregation. Offenders may be placed in the program as the result of an FI-7R vote by the Board of Pardons and Parole (BPP), or may be selected based on eligibility criteria. The curriculum addresses the leading causes of recidivism: anger management, thinking errors, substance abuse, life skills and employment. Offenders with the parole stipulation of SVORI aftercare may participate in a continuum of care through a Parole District Reentry Center (DRC).
To qualify for the program, offenders must meet the following criteria:
- Must be assigned to Administrative Segregation, Security Detention Level I
- Must have time earning status of Line Class 1 or above
- No active felony or immigration detainers
- No conviction for a major disciplinary in past 12 months
- No consecutive sentences pending parole review
- Must have at least 10 months before release on parole or minimum expiration date at program screening
- Minimum of 24 months to maximum expiration date at the time of the BPP review
- Priority placement is given to offenders with an FI-7R vote.
Estelle High Security
264 FM 3478
Huntsville, Texas 77320
Phone: (936) 291-4200 x4067