The mission of the Parole Division is to promote public safety and positive offender change through effective supervision, programs, and services.
Texas Department of Criminal Justice
8610 Shoal Creek Blvd.
PO Box 13401, Capitol Station
Austin, TX 78711
Phone: (512) 406-5250
The Parole Division supervises offenders released from prison who are serving out their sentences in Texas communities. The division also performs some pre-release functions by investigating the parole plans proposed by inmates and by tracking parole eligible cases and submitting them for timely consideration by the Board of Pardons and Paroles.
The division does not make release decisions, nor does it decide whose parole should be revoked or what special conditions should be placed on releasees. Authority for those decisions rests with the Board of Pardons and Paroles, but the division works closely with the board and provides board members with the documentation needed to make informed decisions.
- Field Operations
- Review and Release Processing
- Parole Officer Training Academy (POTA)
- Ancillary Training
- Huntsville Placement & Release Unit
- Specialized Programs
- Specialized Caseload Training
- In-Service Training
- Leadership Training
- Interstate Compact
- Central File Coordination Unit
- Contract Facilities
- Types of Releases
- Parole in Texas English/Español
- History of Parole in Texas
- Parole Policies
- Job Descriptions
- "Become a Texas Parole Officer", 1:08 minutes
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Office - Austin
- Region Directors
- Assistant Region Directors
- Region and District Parole Offices (DPO)
- District Reentry Centers
- Residential Reentry Centers