Welcome to the TDCJ Wellness Initiative Now
Wellness Initiative Now is the wellness program for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. It was implemented to promote personal well-being, fitness, and nutrition for all TDCJ employees.
2018 Physical Activity Challenge
View additional information about the August/September 2018 Physical Activity Challenge for TDCJ and Windham employees, “A Mile a Day!”.
July is Fireworks Safety Month
The National Council on Fireworks Safety educates and promotes safe and responsible use of consumer fireworks. During our Nation’s Birthday it is a tradition to have parades, cookouts, and fireworks. Make your celebration safe and fantastic by knowing some of the safety rules below. For more information about firework safety, please visit www.FireworksSafety.org.
- Use fireworks outdoors only.
- Use fireworks as directed on the product label. Only hold fireworks in your hand if specifically stated on the caution label.
- Obey your local laws. If fireworks are not legal where you live, do not use them.
- Do not take fireworks on airplanes.
- Never give children fireworks without parental supervision.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks and have a designated shooter.
- Always have a bucket of water or a water hose nearby.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix!
- Never re-light a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and soak it in a bucket of water.
- Report illegal explosives, like M-80s, cherry bombs, and quarter sticks, to the Police or Fire Department.
- Do not use homemade fireworks! They can be deadly.
When the fun is over!
- Soak used fireworks in water thoroughly.
- Place the soaked fireworks in a fireproof container with a lid.
- Store the firework trash several feet from your home or building and away from flammable items.
Physical Activity Guidelines
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has released new physical activity guidelines for Americans.
Commit for Life
The Human Resources Division receives a "Path for Success" award from the Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center.
Balancing Work and Family
Page updated: 08/01/2018