Basic Eligibility for
Minimum Standards for all Applicants
- Must be a citizen of the U.S. or alien authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- You must possess a High School Diploma from an accredited senior high school or equivalent, or a state or military-issued General Education Development (GED) certificate. View information about foreign education credentials.
- Must not be on probation for any criminal offense. See additional information.
- Must not have pending charges for any criminal offense or have an outstanding warrant. See additional information.
- Convicted felons (or those convicted of an equivalent offense under the Uniform Code of Military Justice) do not become eligible for consideration until 10 years have elapsed since termination of sentence.
See additional information.
- Must not be on active duty in the military (person on terminal leave may apply)
- Males ages 18 through 25, must be registered with the Selective Services if required to do so by Federal Law. If you are not registered, you may register by clicking the following link: https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position applied for, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must pass the TDCJ pre-employment drug test
For all TDCJ purposes, conviction of a criminal offense includes paid fine, time served, placed on probation (includes deferred adjudication), and court ordered restitution.