Administrative Review & Risk Management Division
Administrative Monitor for Use of Force (UOF)
The mission of the Administrative Monitor for Use of Force is to facilitate updates to and publication of the TDCJ Use of Force Plan and review Use of Force paperwork to ensure all incidents are timely and accurately reported in accordance with the Plan.
The Office of the Administrative Monitor for Use of Force serves as the office of record for Major Use of Force reporting. The core functions are:
- To provide technical guidance through review of use of force documentation.
- To develop and update guidelines for the Agency UOF Plan and associated policies and procedures.
- To provide a central point of contact for open records requests regarding UOF.
- To conduct UOF training as needed for unit, regional and central office staff.
- To monitor adherence to the Agency UOF Plan, policies and procedures.
For more information
Texas Department of Criminal Justice
Review & Standards
Kathryn Bell, Administrative Monitor for Use of Force
P.O. Box 99
Huntsville, TX 77342-0099