Summer Enrollment is the annual enrollment period during which Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GBP) eligible employees are offered special enrollment opportunities not available during the plan year. This is the time to review benefits for you and your dependents and make changes, if necessary. Some benefit changes may require Evidence of Insurability (EOI). An EOI application form may be obtained from your Human Resources representative or the ERS Web site at ww.ers.state.tx.us. Summer enrollment changes that do not require EOI are effective September 1, 2008.
Examples of Summer Enrollment changes that do not require EOI:
- Employee HMO enrollment from HealthSelect or waive status.
- Adding dependents to HMO enrollment.
- Employee dental enrollment.
- Adding dependents to dental enrollment.
- Change dental enrollment/carrier.
- Change Voluntary AD&D enrollment.
- Enroll in TexFlex (health or dependent day care).
- Change TexFlex (health or dependent day care).
- Change TexFlex card selection.
- Adding dependents to HealthSelect (ONLY if no HMO is available based on employee’s eligibility county).
Examples of Summer Enrollment changes that require EOI:
- Employee HealthSelect enrollment from waive status.
- Adding dependents to HealthSelect if an HMO is available based on employee’s eligibility county.
- Optional Term Life enrollment or increase.
- Dependent Term Life enrollment or adding dependents.
- Short- and long-term disability enrollment.
All EOI applications for Summer Enrollment must be signed, mailed and postmarked to Fort Dearborn Life by August 31, 2008. Benefits requiring EOI approvals are typically effective the first of the month after the receipt of the EOI approval letter from Fort Dearborn Life. Please provide your Human Resources office with a copy of your EOI approval letter.
To learn more about Summer Enrollment changes or to make changes, contact your Human Resources office or connect to the ERS Web site at www.ers.state.tx.us.